Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Painting Projects

My daughter loves to paint. Even better, she loves painting with her grandmother; they tackle various painting projects together, painting rocks, planters, outdoor decor, pictures, and, this week: vases.



I love that they spend this quality time together, my mom shows her delicate techniques... it's a purposeful time of art and creation. I'm not there, it's just time for the two of them: they bond, they learn, they experiment and inspire. I see the results, both in my daughter's spirit and her work. She's creating wonderful and many times sophisticated art (especially for kindergarten!) as my mom teaches her to use smaller brushes to make the paint dance into different forms. They practice on paper beforehand and make every stroke a thoughtful one. It has me reflecting that age should never be a factor in the potential of an artist.

"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -Edgard Varese

No comments:

Post a Comment